Making a difference
At The School Planner Company, we are very proud to now be a part of the Woodland Carbon Capture Scheme via Premier Paper. While we still purchase FSC accredited paper, we decided to partner with The Woodland Trust for a number of reasons. Firstly, working with Woodland offers us the opportunity to be more hands on, and really become involved in offsetting our carbon usage without paying for bureaucracy. As a part of this initiative we took a number of students to Heartwood Forest in both 2015 and 2016 to take part in The Woodland Trust’s tree planting day.
We also chose to partner with Woodland Carbon because 100% of the money we give them is spent on planting deciduous trees in the UK. We can be safe in the knowledge that all of our contribution is being spent on a fantastic project, which will result in the expansion of native deciduous woodland in the UK. Woodland Carbon is an accredited, award-winning carbon removal scheme that operates under the Government’s 2011 Woodland Carbon Code. The Woodland Trust aims not only to offset carbon emission, but also to improve the landscape of Britain by planting more woodland.
We are incredibly excited to build our relationship with The Woodland Trust and Woodland Carbon, and look forward to really making a difference to the landscape, and to mitigating the effect carbon dioxide has on our planet. You will see The Woodland Trust logo on your planners this year, representing our partnership with them.
- To reduce unfavourable impact on the environment by The School Planner Company through our work and consumption.
- To conserve and support use of sustainable resources.
- To follow “the waste hierarchy”:
- Re-use or reclaim;
- Recover (Recycle);
- Dispose – as last resort.
- To establish and follow environmental good practice, and comply with all relevant environmental regulations and legislation.
- To develop organisational awareness of the need to care for the environment and measures that can be taken.
Read our full environmental policy.